Land Power Forum
Land Power Forum is a public blog published by the Australian Army, and is specifically designed to generate informed discussion and new ideas that contribute to Army modernisation and the future of land power beyond 2020. Land Power Forum provides a discussion space for informed analysis, commentary, thoughts, and ideas among military practitioners, interested stakeholders, subject matter experts, and deep thinkers.
- From Digger to Super Soldier: Human Performance Management Policy 20 November 2017 Human performance technologies continue to advance at an exponential rate. A core part of this adva... read more
- Misunderstanding operational level: Australian Army’s function in the Maritime Strategy 6 November 2017 ‘Operational level’ is a widely used military term, but here it will be argued that it is only loose... read more
- A response to: Some believe, ‘Culture eats strategy for breakfast, lunch and dinner!’ Does this hold true for Army and is culture more important than strategy? 6 November 2017 The words culture and strategy are full to overflowing with meaning, non meaning and contested ideas...
- Developing Digital Fluency: Preparing Army for Future Challenges 13 October 2017 Without changing our patterns of thought, we will not be able to solve the problems we created with... read more
- The Canon and Four Generations of Warfare – Part 4 13 October 2017 The Land Power Forum papers, The canon and four generations of warfare Parts 1, 2 and 3, note tha... read more
- Anti-Doping in Sport and Human Enhancing Technologies in Army 13 October 2017 Any meaningful discussion of future land warfare should include enhancing combat effectiveness by in... read more
- Autonomous Resupply: Drones for the Supply Chain reinforce the Kill Chain 30 September 2017 Robots are no longer new on the battlefield, and neither are drones after their widespread use in ne... read more
- Defence will not be Prepared for a Changed Climate 18 September 2017 The world has already missed the opportunity to prevent many of the most serious consequences of Cli... read more
- Response to – Applying the Logistic Lessons of the French Defeat at Dien Bien Phu 3 September 2017 In the post, ‘Applying the Logistic Lessons of the French Defeat at Dien Bien Phu’ CAPT Williamson h... read more
- Joint Logistics by Design: Exploiting the momentum of the First Principles Review 18 August 2017 As a result of the recent First Principles Review (FPR), Defence underwent a significant restructure... read more
- Military Police Contribution to Evidence Based Operations 18 August 2017 “The ultimate goal of a military operation is to ensure that a person no longer poses a threat to th... read more
- Applying the Logistic Lessons of the French Defeat at Dien Bien Phu 16 August 2017 Note: The author attended the Australian Army Research Centre’s (AARC) 2017 Vietnam Staff Ride focus... read more
- Trouble on the Han River – Possible Scenarios For The Future Of The Korean Peninsula 4 August 2017 The recent news that North Korea is on a fast-track to develop nuclear-armed ICBMs that could reach... read more