1962 to 1972 - Vietnam
Commencing in 1962 with the deployment of the Australian Army Training Team Vietnam (AATTV), the Australian Army commitment to the Vietnam War lasted until 1972. Based mainly in Phuoc Tuy province, the Army’s commitment included artillery, infantry, special forces and armoured elements.
This documentation covers topics including Military Funerals, Trooping the Colours and Flag Protocol during the period of the Vietnam conflict.
- Vol4 Military Funerals Material used in the preparation of the instruction on Military Funerals 1963 (PDF, 3.6MB)
- Detailed Instructions Trooping the Colours 1963 (PDF, 7.2MB)
- Flag Protocol Flags Historical Protocol Etiquette 1965 (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Vol3 Traditional Ceremonial Guards and Catafalques (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Training of War Dogs 1962 (PDF, 9MB)
- Infantry Training Volume I Infantry Platoon Weapons Pamphlet No 9 Part 1 Australia 1964 (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Min Bay Do Viet Cong Mines and Booby Traps used by the Viet Cong 1965 (PDF, 24.5MB)
- Pocketbook South Vietnam 1967 (PDF, 1.2MB)
- TIB 69 Infantry Battalion Lessons from Vietnam 1965 to 1971 (produced in 1988) (PDF, 770KB)