The Directorate of Honours and Awards is responsible for the timely recognition of Australian Defence Force (ADF) members and ex-serving members in accordance with the Australian and Imperial Honours and Awards systems.
For information on Defence Honours and Awards please visit the Defence website.
Request for a Review of an Honour or Award
An individual is able to submit a request to have an Army decision reviewed regarding the eligibility or awarding of Defence honours and Awards.
Army has strict rules governing what and how it will manage requests for reviews of honours and awards.The following guidance and website links are provided to assist those wishing to make a submission to Army for a review.
- Army Guidance to Applicants on Preparing a Submission for a Review of Honours and Awards (PDF, 140KB)
- National Archives of Australia
- Australian War Memorial
- Unit War Diaries and Commander's Diaries (AWM)
- Honours and Awards Historical Search (AWM)
- The Gazette (London)
- Nominal Rolls (Department of Veterans' Affairs)
- Obtaining Copies of Service Records