Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps
The Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps (RAAOC) is responsible for a wide array of support tasks to Army:
- providing parachute maintenance, inspection, repack, repair and deployment
- fuels, deployment, construction, operation and maintenance
- personnel administration and business management for the Army, supply chain management, warehousing and issuing all the Army's equipment
- demolition and disposal of explosives, salvage of battle-damaged equipment
- provision of laundry facilities for hospitals and troops in the field.
RAAOC also provides Army with a vast array of supplies and stores for equipment (such as tanks, watercraft, aircraft and vehicles of all kinds), guided missiles, guns, ammunition, parachutes, communication equipment, construction materials for building bridges and roads as well as other tools and machinery. It also provides fuel, clothing, food and medical and dental supplies required to equip and maintain Army units during training and combat operations.
The Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps motto is ‘Sua Tela Tonanti’, which is Latin for ‘To the Warrior his Arms’.
13 June 2019Call for submissions for Army Innovation Day 2019 9 May 2019Combined arms at full effect 8 May 2019Special Operations Command hosts Indo-Pacific partners 23 April 2019Statement regarding death of Army Soldier at Kapooka 13 April 2019Fiji soldiers learn Bushmaster driving skills from Australian Army trainers