Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps
The Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps (RAAOC) is responsible for a wide array of support tasks to Army:
- providing parachute maintenance, inspection, repack, repair and deployment
- fuels, deployment, construction, operation and maintenance
- personnel administration and business management for the Army, supply chain management, warehousing and issuing all the Army's equipment
- demolition and disposal of explosives, salvage of battle-damaged equipment
- provision of laundry facilities for hospitals and troops in the field.
RAAOC also provides Army with a vast array of supplies and stores for equipment (such as tanks, watercraft, aircraft and vehicles of all kinds), guided missiles, guns, ammunition, parachutes, communication equipment, construction materials for building bridges and roads as well as other tools and machinery. It also provides fuel, clothing, food and medical and dental supplies required to equip and maintain Army units during training and combat operations.
The Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps motto is ‘Sua Tela Tonanti’, which is Latin for ‘To the Warrior his Arms’.
26 July 2019Victoria Cross Returns to Ireland 25 July 2019ADF members awarded meritorious unit citation 25 years on from Rwandan humanitarian crisis 23 July 2019Bowen beach liberated 22 July 2019Royal Marine Commandos vital to Talisman Sabre success 19 July 2019Commandos ready for anything