Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps
The Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps (RAAOC) is responsible for a wide array of support tasks to Army:
- providing parachute maintenance, inspection, repack, repair and deployment
- fuels, deployment, construction, operation and maintenance
- personnel administration and business management for the Army, supply chain management, warehousing and issuing all the Army's equipment
- demolition and disposal of explosives, salvage of battle-damaged equipment
- provision of laundry facilities for hospitals and troops in the field.
RAAOC also provides Army with a vast array of supplies and stores for equipment (such as tanks, watercraft, aircraft and vehicles of all kinds), guided missiles, guns, ammunition, parachutes, communication equipment, construction materials for building bridges and roads as well as other tools and machinery. It also provides fuel, clothing, food and medical and dental supplies required to equip and maintain Army units during training and combat operations.
The Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps motto is ‘Sua Tela Tonanti’, which is Latin for ‘To the Warrior his Arms’.
31 August 2017Inspector General Australian Defence Force (IGADF) Afghanistan Inquiry 25 July 2017Chief of Army History Conference 19-20 Oct 24 July 2017CA interviewed about domestic violence in Army 12 July 2017Talisman Saber 17 exercises Allies' capabilities 3 July 2017Plan Beersheba sees Army Reservists supporting 3 Bde