The role of the Royal Australian Army Pay Corps is to provide the finance and pay services essential for the day-to-day management of the Army and its soldiers.
The Royal Australian Army Pay Corps (RAAPC) is responsible for:
- provision of advice to commanders in the area of financial management of public monies
- preparation of budgets, financial statements, cash flow analysis, accrual accounting, costing and financial analysis
- development and implementation of financial management systems
- deploying as financial advisers on exercises and United Nations and other overseas military operations
- training and development of personnel for employment in field cash offices
- provision of advice and assistance to units in the areas of non-public monies accounting, including liaison and training
- auditing of non-public monies accounts and the conduct of fraud investigations
- provision of advice and assistance to units and members in the areas of pay and allowances.
The Royal Australian Army Pay Corps motto is ‘Integrity’.