25th/49th Battalion, Royal Queensland Regiment
25th/49th Battalion, Royal Queensland Regiment (25/49 RQR), is located in south-east Queensland.
The 25th and 49th Battalions first briefly linked between July 1930 and October 1934.
The 25th Battalion, an Army Reserve unit, and the 49th Battalion, then a Ready Reserve unit, linked at the end of the Ready Reserve scheme on 1 Jul 1997 to form 25/49 RQR.
Between 1997 and 2005, 25/49 RQR was an integrated (full-time and part-time personnel) motorised infantry battalion with a full-time rifle company based in Brisbane and three part-time rifle companies located in Brisbane and on the Darling Downs.
In 2006, the unit ceased to be an integrated unit and was re-raised as an Active Reserve unit in accordance with the Hardened Networked Army initiative.
Battalion Headquarters is currently located at Sanananda Lines, Enoggera, and depots are maintained in Toowoomba, Warwick, Stanthorpe, Dalby, Roma, Gatton, Wondai and Southport.
Since the linking of the units, 25/49 RQR personnel have deployed on the following operations: Anode, Astute, Relex, Catalyst, Sumatra Assist, Slipper, Resolute, Mazurka, Citadel, Tanager and as part of Rifle Company Butterworth.
The linked battalion maintains the history, traditions, associations, affiliations, battle honours and Colours of the two battalions.