3rd Brigade currently consists of the following units:
- 3rd Brigade Headquarters
- 2nd Cavalry Regiment
- 4th Regiment, Royal Australian Artillery
- 3rd Combat Engineer Regiment
- 3rd Combat Signal Regiment
- 1st Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment
- 3rd Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment
- 3rd Combat Service Support Battalion.
Soldiers from 3rd Brigade in recent years have deployed on warfare, peacekeeping and humanitarian assistance operations in Afghanistan, Fiji, Iraq, Timor-Leste (East Timor), Solomon Islands, Tonga and Vanuatu.
In addition to operations, 3rd Brigade is actively involved in a range of other activities that serve to enhance its capability, including international engagement activities such as undertaking training with the Malaysian military as part of Rifle Company Butterworth and exchanges with the United States Army and United States Marine Corps.
- 3 Brigade trains, develops and deploys combined arms teams to win the land battle.
- Develop positive leaders
- Develop tactical excellence across multi-domains
- Engender values, resilience, digital literacy and combat behaviours
- Conduct realistic, demanding, safe training
- Foster mutually supportive engagement with partners
- Steward our warfighting equipment
· 3 Brigade remains at the forefront of world close combat formations, ready to win the next fight.