Ballistic and laser ocular protection system
Army is introducing an enhanced ballistic laser ocular protection system (BLOPS) as part of the new soldier combat ensemble.
BLOPS provides ballistic, environmental and laser protection to soldiers who are issued the soldier combat ensemble.
Each set of BLOPS includes:
- lens options of clear, smoke grey and laser
- goggles and glasses can be fitted with prescription lens
- anti-fog treatment on lenses.
All lens types provide the following protection:
- ballistic protection against low-velocity fragments
- 100 per cent UVA and UVB
- dust and wind
- limited spectrum of common lasers (laser lenses).
22 July 2019Royal Marine Commandos vital to Talisman Sabre success 19 July 2019Commandos ready for anything 17 July 2019On the offensive in Queensland 25 June 2019International Students Graduate from Australian Army’s Royal Military College 13 June 2019Call for submissions for Army Innovation Day 2019