Ballistic and laser ocular protection system
Army is introducing an enhanced ballistic laser ocular protection system (BLOPS) as part of the new soldier combat ensemble.
BLOPS provides ballistic, environmental and laser protection to soldiers who are issued the soldier combat ensemble.
Each set of BLOPS includes:
- lens options of clear, smoke grey and laser
- goggles and glasses can be fitted with prescription lens
- anti-fog treatment on lenses.
All lens types provide the following protection:
- ballistic protection against low-velocity fragments
- 100 per cent UVA and UVB
- dust and wind
- limited spectrum of common lasers (laser lenses).
27 June 2017ADFHQ standing up 01 July 25 June 2017CA interviewed about domestic violence in Army 12 June 2017Infantry units mobility to be increased with PMVs and APCs 27 April 2017Adelaide to host Chief of Army Seminar - 2018 5 December 2016Testing urban operations on Ex Bersama Lima