Ballistic and laser ocular protection system
Army is introducing an enhanced ballistic laser ocular protection system (BLOPS) as part of the new soldier combat ensemble.
BLOPS provides ballistic, environmental and laser protection to soldiers who are issued the soldier combat ensemble.
Each set of BLOPS includes:
- lens options of clear, smoke grey and laser
- goggles and glasses can be fitted with prescription lens
- anti-fog treatment on lenses.
All lens types provide the following protection:
- ballistic protection against low-velocity fragments
- 100 per cent UVA and UVB
- dust and wind
- limited spectrum of common lasers (laser lenses).
14 March 2018Army’s next armoured fighting vehicle announced 28 October 2017Army Delivers Final Component of Plan Beersheba 31 August 2017Inspector General Australian Defence Force (IGADF) Afghanistan Inquiry 25 July 2017Chief of Army History Conference 19-20 Oct 24 July 2017CA interviewed about domestic violence in Army