Ballistic and laser ocular protection system
Army is introducing an enhanced ballistic laser ocular protection system (BLOPS) as part of the new soldier combat ensemble.
BLOPS provides ballistic, environmental and laser protection to soldiers who are issued the soldier combat ensemble.
Each set of BLOPS includes:
- lens options of clear, smoke grey and laser
- goggles and glasses can be fitted with prescription lens
- anti-fog treatment on lenses.
All lens types provide the following protection:
- ballistic protection against low-velocity fragments
- 100 per cent UVA and UVB
- dust and wind
- limited spectrum of common lasers (laser lenses).
26 October 2018PDSA Dickin Medal Citation: Kuga, Special Operations Military Working Dog 7 September 2018Chief of Army meets with Japanese and US Military Commanders in Adelaide 6 September 2018Army at Land Forces 2018 comes to a close 4 September 2018Australian Army on display at Land Forces 2018 8 May 2018Adelaide to host Chief of Army Land Forces Seminar - 2018