Ballistic and laser ocular protection system
Army is introducing an enhanced ballistic laser ocular protection system (BLOPS) as part of the new soldier combat ensemble.
BLOPS provides ballistic, environmental and laser protection to soldiers who are issued the soldier combat ensemble.
Each set of BLOPS includes:
- lens options of clear, smoke grey and laser
- goggles and glasses can be fitted with prescription lens
- anti-fog treatment on lenses.
All lens types provide the following protection:
- ballistic protection against low-velocity fragments
- 100 per cent UVA and UVB
- dust and wind
- limited spectrum of common lasers (laser lenses).
9 May 2019Combined arms at full effect 8 May 2019Special Operations Command hosts Indo-Pacific partners 23 April 2019Statement regarding death of Army Soldier at Kapooka 13 April 2019Fiji soldiers learn Bushmaster driving skills from Australian Army trainers 5 April 2019Army special operations soldiers help 2020 Olympians prepare for Tokyo