Combat hearing protection
Army is introducing enhanced combat hearing protection system as part of the new soldier combat ensemble.
The combat hearing protection system protects dismounted combat soldiers against battlefield noise.
The combat hearing protection offers:
- Class 5 over-ear protection system designed for use with or without combat helmets.
- Integration with communication systems such as the soldier personal radio.
- Constant hearing protection when fitted correctly (even without batteries).
- Compatibility with inner ear protection for situations where double hearing protection is required.
- ‘Active Hearing’ using external microphones enhances noise such as speech and environmental sounds for increased situational awareness.
- A detachable boom microphone.
- Adjustable volume.
- Approximately 500 hours of use from 2 x AAA batteries.
- Army’s current hearing protection system will continue to protect other soldiers against battlefield noise.
8 May 2018Adelaide to host Chief of Army Land Forces Seminar - 2018 14 March 2018Army’s next armoured fighting vehicle announced 28 October 2017Army Delivers Final Component of Plan Beersheba 25 July 2017Chief of Army History Conference 19-20 Oct 24 July 2017CA interviewed about domestic violence in Army