Combat hearing protection
Army is introducing enhanced combat hearing protection system as part of the new soldier combat ensemble.
The combat hearing protection system protects dismounted combat soldiers against battlefield noise.
The combat hearing protection offers:
- Class 5 over-ear protection system designed for use with or without combat helmets.
- Integration with communication systems such as the soldier personal radio.
- Constant hearing protection when fitted correctly (even without batteries).
- Compatibility with inner ear protection for situations where double hearing protection is required.
- ‘Active Hearing’ using external microphones enhances noise such as speech and environmental sounds for increased situational awareness.
- A detachable boom microphone.
- Adjustable volume.
- Approximately 500 hours of use from 2 x AAA batteries.
- Army’s current hearing protection system will continue to protect other soldiers against battlefield noise.
9 May 2019Combined arms at full effect 8 May 2019Special Operations Command hosts Indo-Pacific partners 23 April 2019Statement regarding death of Army Soldier at Kapooka 13 April 2019Fiji soldiers learn Bushmaster driving skills from Australian Army trainers 5 April 2019Army special operations soldiers help 2020 Olympians prepare for Tokyo