Combat hearing protection
Army is introducing enhanced combat hearing protection system as part of the new soldier combat ensemble.
The combat hearing protection system protects dismounted combat soldiers against battlefield noise.
The combat hearing protection offers:
- Class 5 over-ear protection system designed for use with or without combat helmets.
- Integration with communication systems such as the soldier personal radio.
- Constant hearing protection when fitted correctly (even without batteries).
- Compatibility with inner ear protection for situations where double hearing protection is required.
- ‘Active Hearing’ using external microphones enhances noise such as speech and environmental sounds for increased situational awareness.
- A detachable boom microphone.
- Adjustable volume.
- Approximately 500 hours of use from 2 x AAA batteries.
- Army’s current hearing protection system will continue to protect other soldiers against battlefield noise.
22 July 2019Royal Marine Commandos vital to Talisman Sabre success 19 July 2019Commandos ready for anything 17 July 2019On the offensive in Queensland 25 June 2019International Students Graduate from Australian Army’s Royal Military College 13 June 2019Call for submissions for Army Innovation Day 2019