Combat hearing protection
Army is introducing enhanced combat hearing protection system as part of the new soldier combat ensemble.
The combat hearing protection system protects dismounted combat soldiers against battlefield noise.
The combat hearing protection offers:
- Class 5 over-ear protection system designed for use with or without combat helmets.
- Integration with communication systems such as the soldier personal radio.
- Constant hearing protection when fitted correctly (even without batteries).
- Compatibility with inner ear protection for situations where double hearing protection is required.
- ‘Active Hearing’ using external microphones enhances noise such as speech and environmental sounds for increased situational awareness.
- A detachable boom microphone.
- Adjustable volume.
- Approximately 500 hours of use from 2 x AAA batteries.
- Army’s current hearing protection system will continue to protect other soldiers against battlefield noise.
27 June 2017ADFHQ standing up 01 July 25 June 2017CA interviewed about domestic violence in Army 12 June 2017Infantry units mobility to be increased with PMVs and APCs 27 April 2017Adelaide to host Chief of Army Seminar - 2018 5 December 2016Testing urban operations on Ex Bersama Lima