The MRH90 is one of the most advanced tactical troop transport helicopters of the 21st Century. As a multi-role helicopter, the MRH90 can undertake troop transport, search and rescue, special operations and counter-terrorism missions.
The MRH90 is one of the most advanced tactical troop transport helicopters of the 21st Century. The Commonwealth of Australia ordered 46 MRH90s from Australian Aerospace under Air 9000 Phases 2, 4 and 6 in a bid to rationalise the Defence Force’s helicopter platforms.
The MRH90 is a fly-by-wire, all-composite construction, troop-lift helicopter with the highest crash-worthy standards. With a large cabin, a rear ramp, weather radar and forward-looking infra-red, the MRH90 can transport greater loads and carry more troops in adverse conditions.
Being a true multi-role machine, the MRH90 can undertake troop transport, search and rescue, special operations and counter-terrorism missions.
Advanced helicopter program for Australia
The Australian MRH90 Program including the capability assurance program (CAP) will deliver:
- 47 MRH90 aircraft for Navy and Army
- the MRH Software Support Centre
- a ground mission management system
- an electronic warfare self-protection support system
- the MRH instrumentation system
- other training devices such as aircraft maintenance trainers, aircraft systems trainers, part task trainers
- data, spares, support and test equipment.
When complete, the project will have delivered two airmobile squadrons, one special operations support squadron, one maritime support helicopter squadron and a training capability able to provide airmobile and maritime support to the Defence Force from land bases as well as HMA Ships.