The Army Dress Manual has consolidated both volumes of Army Standing Orders for Dress into one manual with six chapters. The Army Dress Manual is designed to make it easier for members to access and locate information on dress policy by consolidating information into related topics.
The Army Dress Manual provided below is an interim version only that allow members to access current uniform policy. Certain links contained within the document are only available on the Defence internal internet.
For any comments or issues please email the Army Ceremonial Cell.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Provides policy guidance on the wearing of uniforms worn on particular occasions.
- Chapter 2 - Wearing of Uniform
- Provides guidance and direction on dress, bearing and personal grooming.
- Chapter 3 - Items of Dress, Embellishments and Accoutrements
- Provides guidance and direction on the wearing of dress embellishments and accoutrements (less honours and awards, included in chapter six).
- Chapter 4 - Badges and Emblems
- Provides guidance and direction on the wearing of badges and emblems associated with Australian Army uniforms, including rank insignia and Unit Citations.
- Chapter 5 - Orders of Dress
- Provides guidance and direction on the wearing of all orders of dress, including dress for senior officers, specific trades and training establishments. Annex P identifies the tri-Service uniform equivalents. Images have been provided for each order of dress.
- Chapter 6 - Orders, Decorations and Medals
- Provides guidance and direction to the wearing of all orders, decorations and medals. Annex C provides the order of precedence for wearing Australian, Imperial and foreign honours and awards.