Australian Institute of Sport (AIS)
The strategic partnership between the Department of Defence, led by Army, and the AIS emphasises the importance of Human Performance Optimisation (HPO) in achieving the competitive advantage. It is based on three key shared objectives – to explore learning opportunities, share knowledge and experience, and foster collaborative activities.
There are three goals and five objectives of the partnership.
- To invest in joint activities that translates mutually beneficial HPO knowledge into practical learning and implementation opportunities for athletes and soldiers and other stakeholders.
- To establish a worldwide network of HPO experts and promote Australia as a country at the cutting edge of HPO.
- To share HPO knowledge being generated within both organisations.
- To provide the AIS and Army with ways to measure HPO.
- To foster collaborative activities that explore HPO both internal and external to the AIS and Army with may benefit both organisations.